Our Commitment to Keeping You Safe and Healthy with Industry-Leading Cleaning Standards
As the world begins to gradually reopen, we are excited to welcome our loyal guests back to our hotels, while meeting your health and well-being standards. When you are ready to travel again, we understand that you will understandably have a heightened awareness and expectation of cleanliness when it comes to your choice of accommodations.
For nearly 75-years, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts has been an industry leader in our reputation for providing you with clean, well-maintained accommodations. In 2012, we became the first hotel brand to set a high level of cleanliness with the roll out of our I Care Clean program in partnership with IDEO. At the onslaught of the COVID-19 pandemic, we were among the first in the industry to roll out standards and best practices to enhance our cleaning protocol. Now, as part of our ongoing commitment to keeping you safe and healthy during these challenging times, we have expanded on those industry-leading cleaning standards with the launch of the new We Care Clean program. Based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Health Canada, the We Care Clean program addresses everything from guest room and common area cleanliness, to streamlined processes that minimize contact between guests and associates while maintaining the customer service you expect from a Best Western-branded hotel. When you next stay with us, there will be some changes you can clearly see, such as the installation of social distancing floor decals; while others, you can rest assured are taking place behind the scenes, such as the enforcement of heightened and comprehensive cleanliness standards. The We Care Clean program addresses five key areas in our hotels:
1. Front Desk and Lobby: New protocols will minimize guest contact with personnel. Social distancing measures will be implemented, wellness best practices signs will be prominently posted. Enhanced sanitization procedures will be in place at the front desk, in the lobby and across guest touch points throughout the hotel with disinfecting taking place regularly. Sanitizing stations or wipes will be available throughout hotels as supplies are available.
2. Guest Room and Housekeeping: Enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols will be implemented in guest rooms. If possible, guest rooms will not be entered for 24 to 72 hours after check-out, at which time the room, linens and all touch points, for example, faucets, door handles, light switches, thermostats, clocks and hangers will be cleaned with sanitizing treatments aimed at killing COVID-19.
3. Temporary Breakfast Offerings: While recognizing the importance of a quality breakfast, offerings have been adapted to prioritize your health and safety.
- For breakfast, we will be providing a “Grab N Go” option with a whole piece of fruit, a bottle of orange juice, a hard-boiled egg, and a pre-wrapped breakfast muffin or Danish. These are available at the front desk daily for $6.99. If you have a Business Class voucher, the Grab N Go is complimentary. The Ground Round Grill & Bar is open for full-service breakfast dining on Monday through Friday from 6am until 10:30am and Saturday and Sunday from 7am until 10:30am.
4. Public Amenities:
- Public amenities such as fitness centers, swimming pools and meeting rooms will be cleaned on closely monitored schedules with disinfecting chemicals. Each evening, these areas may also be sanitized with the use of electrostatic fogging, ozone generators or ultraviolet devices as these devices become available.
- Hand sanitizer or wipes will be provided for guests and employees in all public areas.
5. Hotel Team Members and Staff Requirements:
- Hotel Team Members will follow strict guidelines, including utilizing Personal Protective Equipment, frequent and stringent hand-washing protocols, and housekeepers/laundry staff will wear both gloves and a mask.
- Team shared workstations will be cleaned and disinfected after every shift.
- Team Members will be empowered to stay home if unwell, communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management, and will be fully educated on how to maintain a safe and clean home.